Monday, May 2, 2011

Girls just want to have fun!

Once we got back from our Washington trip, Olivia started asking to get her ears pierced. Since she is the girliest of girly girls, I wasn't surprised at all. Everyone morning while I get ready she stands in the bathroom and asks to use all my makeup and then climbs up on the counter to look through my jewelry box. As I finish she makes her way into my closet and tries to help me pick out what I should wear that day. No matter what the occasion, she always says I should wear a pretty dress. And she wants to do the same. Every day, she wants to wear a pretty dress. Last week she took the liberty of rearranging her closed and moved all of her clothes down to the bottom rack so that they were within her reach. When she proudly showed me what she'd done, I noticed 3 pairs of jeans were the only thing left on the top rack. I asked her why she didn't move those down and she said, "because I hate jeans and I'm not ever going to wear them again!". Well alright.


I warned her that the ear piercing would hurt, but she said she would be brave. Apparently the thrill of and endless selection of earrings to choose from was worth a little pain in her mind. As we walked into the store, she was so excited to browse through all of the earrings.

So excited!



Wait a minute!



That really hurt!


It's all good again!

And she loves them! She can't wait to change them out and is going to be disappointed when I don't let her wear huge dangling earrings! Love my girly girl!

1 comment:

Callie said...

I love how you captured her series of emotions in these pictures. Why does being a girly girl have to be so painful? :)