Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spring Break trip to Texas

Staci moved to Texas last fall so I was excited to finally get a chance to go visit her.  The kids and I went over spring break and we had a blast. 
 
It was about a 7 hour drive so we stopped in Dallas to have lunch at the American Girl Store. 
 
Liv brought Julie and Ivy along.


We got stuck in traffic and were about an hour late.  After 5.5 hours in the car and no lunch, Gray was a little cranky. He could care less about the dolls or the store, he just wanted food! 

Liv was having a blast!

Whew, he perked up after he started eating!  He saw someone getting an huge ice cream sundae for their birthday so he told me he wanted to have his birthday party there.  I doubt that will still be the case come September. 

I finally got to meet baby Tinsley!  It's like with my sister's kids, I love her like she's my own!

Joe is in the ARMY and Stace took us to visit the base.  It was really need and I couldn't believe how HUGE it was.  It's like a whole city there!
 
Katie came to town on Friday and it was soooo good to see her!  When the 3 of us are together, it feels like we are 13 again except now we are all grown up and we no longer talk like hicks.  In fact, Kate has developed a Brooklyn accent and it still cracks me up!

Since we were in Texas, we had to visit the Rodeo!  There was a petting zoo and OH MY GOODNESS these baby goats were the cutest things ever!

Don't you just want to squeeze him?

Then we watched a dog trick show.  T kept dropping her passy under the bleachers!

The kids rode a few rides.


And we ate a funnel cake, yum!

It was a good day!

The night before we left we put the kids to bed and left them with Joe so the 3 of us could go out to dinner.  It was such a fun weekend with them and I am so happy that through all these years our friendships have remained strong! You just don't have many lifelong friends like this. 


No comments: