Thursday, June 6, 2013

Michael's a CPA!!!!

 
After years of working full time and going to school full time and then studying for 18 months for the CPA test, Michael finally got his CPA and we went to the ceremony at the Capitol where he was presented with his certificate.  He wasn't sure if he wanted to go or not but I told him we had to!  He would get up at 5AM to study before work, then study on his lunch break, then study after we put the kids to bed.  He had to miss out on lots of family fun because he was home studying and he deserved to go to this presentation.  Only 14% of those that take the test pass all 4 parts the first time and he was one of them! We even made a little weekend away out of it and left the kids with Grammy and Pappy.  It was so fun and I am so proud of him!!!

Taking the oath to become a CPA.  This is a BIG deal!

Receiving his certificate.
 
Funny story, Michael only owns one suit and he rarely needs to wear it.  Well, it had obviously been a few years since he has worn his suit and so as we were getting ready for the ceremony he says "I can't get my pants buttoned."  After I stopped laughing, I tried to help by getting him to lay flat on the bed and try and get them buttoned.  Still no success.  The next best thing was to leave them unbuttoned since his belt would cover that anyway.  So there we went to our fancy ceremony, with all of these scholars, with Michael's pants unbuttoned the whole time.  Throughout the whole thing I couldn't help but giggle every time I would think about it! 

No comments: