Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My girly girl

Today is Olivia's last day of school.  I can't believe she'll be a first grader after today! She has grown up so much in the last year.  She's such a good big sister, so well-behaved and will talk to anyone and everyone about whatever is on her mind. 

She has been cracking me up lately with how girly she is! The other day I was getting her ready for school and I was just dressed in workout clothes with no make-up on and this is how the converstion went:

Olivia: mom, you don't have any earrings in
Me: I know, I'm just taking you to school and coming right back home
Olivia: do you want me to get you some?
Me: No, I'm fine but thank you.
Olivia: But Mom, what if someone sees you?

Oh my! 

A couple of weeks ago she wanted to use her allowance money to get a pedicure. I told her she didn't quite have enough so she said "that's ok, I'll just ask mimi to pay for the rest." She knows how to get what she wants!  And she gets upset if I get a pedi without her. 



Last night I took her to a jewelry party.  She had so much fun picking out the charms and acted so grown up.  When we were waiting in line she said "this is the best party I've ever been to!"  I came home and told Michael we are in trouble when she gets older.



She adores horses and is loving taking riding lessons.  This is her with Sierra, her new lesson horse. 



I love this girl so much.  She is so fun to be around and I feel blessed to be her mom.  I think it will only be more fun as she gets older and we can do more girly things together!

1 comment:

Callie said...

Such a sweet girl!