Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just a few reasons why I love my husband....







































1. He gets into Christmas as much as I do.

2. Not only does he play dress up with Olivia, he lets me take a picture of him doing it! Olivia even refers to one particular crown as "Daddy's crown."

3. He tolerates all of the girly things, just like my Dad did!

4. He's such a good helper around the house.

He could win a hubby of the year award! I am so thankful to have him.


In other news, we had a trip to the ER this week. Grayson started running a fever late Monday night. Babies under 3 months aren't supposed to have a fever of higher than 100.4 and his was 101.5. I called the on-call nurse and she said to take him to the ER so I did. Well 2.5 hours later, the doctor said it was just an upper respiratory infection and sent us home.

I called my ivy-league-graduate-pediatric-nurse-practitioner sister and she said that I needed to take him into my pediatrician. Something did not sound right to her and she is a firm believer (me too now) that adult doctors aren't as good as diagnosing babies and kids. So I took him to the pediatrician's office (where I'm sure we caught another vicious virus in the waiting room) and it turns out he has an ear infection and that's what caused his fever. She gave him some antibiotics.

So needless to say, were not happy that we have to pay a $100 ER co-pay for a misdiagnosis. At least we found the real cause and got him some medicine so he wasn't in pain anymore.

1 comment:

Mrs. Southern said...

Love the picture of Olivia "drying" his hair! Hope Grayson's feeling better!