Thursday, August 15, 2013

First Day of School 2013

 
They were excited, momma was a basket case!  Olivia is starting brand new school and MY BABY is going to real school!  Yes, it's only half day but still, it feels way more real than preschool.  Neither one of them were the least bit nervous about starting a new school.  It helps that they are both super outgoing.
 




Gray has Mrs. Barr.  She seems super down-to-earth and has been teaching pre-k for 10 years. 

He was a little quiet and was taking it all in as I dropped him off. 

Olivia has Mrs. Henry.  She made her really comfortable and she seems really sweet as well. 
 

Gray wanted to wear his hat and gloves to school. My parenting philosophy is "pick your battles" but this was one I had to pick. We compromised and said he could put it on as soon as he got home and that's exactly what he did! 

We had cupcakes after school and we talked about their days.  Olivia said her teacher was "awesome" and she loved her new school. 

I asked Gray to tell me all about his day and said that would take too much time.  He said "it was good" and that was all I got. 
 
We all made it through the first day and I'm thankful they both had a great day.  Here's to a wonderful school year!

No comments: