Monday, September 26, 2011

First day of school


My big girl started school on August 18, 2011. She was sooo excited! We picked out her first day of school outfit months in advance and had many conversations throughout the summer about what school would be like. That morning, we got her and got ready, had breakfast and a quick photo session and headed off to school. Grayson and I both walked her in and helped her put her backpack in her locker and find her seat. We wished her a happy first day of school and I was holding myself together until Gray and I left the classroom and he started crying and screaming " I want e-ya, I want e-ya!" He was so sad and this made me so sad so we both cried all the way out the door. I took him to the tractor store to distract him and that helped. The day seemed to drag on forever and Grayson asked about her all day.
Finally, 3:15 rolled around and we couldn't wait to go pick her up and hear all about her day.
She got in the car and was sooooo tired! She said she was so hungry and needed a snack. Then she said she didn't want to take her lunch anymore because eating in the cafeteria is "way much better." I asked her if she made new friends and she said yes and but she would wait until the next tomorrow to ask them their names. All in all, it was a great first day and she's still enjoying school. Gray still has a hard time without her some days but for the most part we are staying busy enough that he doesn't miss his playmate too much.
Walking into school together. Grayson wanted to take his backpack too.
Sitting in her spot at school, admiring all the new scenery.
Isn't she grown up?They are so sweet!

No comments: