Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer is here!





I've been home from work for 2 weeks now. We are having a blast! I haven't quite figured out the "staying home" part of being a stay at home mom. I still feel like I'm on an extended vacation and will go back to work next week. I was a little worried that I would be bored at home but that has not been the case at all. I've been trying new recipes, couponing, volunteering more for the church, crafting and organizing. We've done an activity (very cheap or free) every day and we've already made some great memories. Someone recently pointed out that you only have 18 summers with your kids and if that's the case I only have 14 left with Olivia and 16 left with Grayson so we've got to make the best of them.




Here are some things we've done so far:


Yesterday we had craft day at home:






We went to the Blue Bell Plant in BA with our Friday Fun Day play group:



We also went to the Zoo with our Friday Fun Day playgroup



We've spent several days at the pool:



Michael Phelps? Oh, that's just Gray.



Swim Lessons: Grayson is a fish. Olivia's not so sure about it! Gray got mad at the teacher when she didn't dunk him under.







Many trips to the library for the summer reading program and weekly story time. Last week we had a huge visitor at story time!

One day Olivia wanted to make puppy shaped biscuits. One of her favorite books is about a puppy named biscuit. I love to foster her creativity!




Everyday I've just been sooooooo thankful for the time with my kids. I really am appreciating every minute of it and I'm so thankful for a husband who works so hard for us so that I can be home with them. God is soooo good!

1 comment:

Callie said...

So excited to get there this summer, make some crafts and enjoy some pool time! Addie doesn't know what short sleeves or outdoor pools look like. Poor baby.