Monday, March 15, 2010

Today was a gorgeous day and we stayed outside for a couple of hours. After such a cold and snowy winter, I love to soak up every bit of sunshine we can. After being outside with the kids for a while, I decided to come in and get started on our (super healthy of course) dinner. Since our back yard is fully fenced and I have a view of it from the kitchen, we often let the kids play out in the back yard as long as we can see them. Until today! I'm standing in the kitchen chopping potatoes and Olivia comes running in the house screaming "Mommy, Grayson is in my treehouse!" "What, he can't climb up there!" I said. "How did he get up there?"

"He used the ladder!" she said. And sure enough, I ran outside to find him at the top of the slide! He came flying down the slide and was so proud of himself as he crashed to the bottom. And then of course, he ran right back around to the ladder.

I knew he would eventually learn how to do this, I just thought it would be next summer! Needless to say, he will not be playing in the back yard by himself anymore. The tree house is really high so we have to watch him closely as he plays on there. I shot a couple of videos...


No comments: