Friday, February 27, 2009

The next American Idol?





For your entertainment, enjoy Olivia's version of Tinkle, Tinkle, Wittle Tar with a little bit of Itsy Bitsy Spider mixed in!

Whew, what a week it has been. Olivia had the virus a couple of weeks ago and then Grayson and I started getting it last week. Grayson was really fussy last week so we took him to the doctor Friday night with a suspected ear infection. Turns out it was just teething. Friday-Tuesdays nights were miserable. The only way he would sleep was on our chests with us sitting up and he would only sleep for 30-45 minutes at a time. By Wednesday, I'm so exhausted from the lack of sleep that I can't think straight, but I take him back to the doctor. By then he had an ear infection so he started the antibiotic that night. Still screamed and screamed and couldn't sleep and by Thursday morning I knew there was no way I could take him to work with me like that. Michael opted to stay home with him and it was the same story, screaming fits that last for 30 minutes at a time, followed by 20-30 minutes of sleep. It has been almost impossible to put him down, he just wants to be held. Last night (Thursday night) he was a little better, didn't scream as much but still wanted to be held so I slept on the couch (sitting up) with him on my chest most of the night. Now I'm wondering if he's feeling better but is just spoiled and won't sleep without us! We are hoping by tomorrow he will be better and not in anymore pain. Looks like it won't be long before he gets tubes in just like big sister!

Speaking of big sister..She has been really great lately about talking and singing to Grayson to keep him busy. This morning, (pre-performance seen above but not yet 7:30 AM) she wanted to peek at Grayson laying in his bed. She gets her vanity chair from her room and brings it over to his crib, climbs up so she can see over and starts talking to him and tickling to him. I thought it was so sweet so I took a picture and then went to get another cup of coffee. (Coffee is my best friend these days). As I walk back in, I see Olivia dumping an entire container of toys into the crib! Ahh, I was waiting on the wails from Grayson but instead he just laughed! Luckily none of the toys fell on his head and I took a quick picture and then started my lecture to Olivia about how Grayson is a baby and he can't play with big girl toys.



No comments: