Thursday, October 2, 2008

3 weeks old!

Enjoy these moments now because we'll never get them back!


Healing Rain

Our church did this "cardboard testimony" this past Sunday. AMAZING! They were actual testimonies from people at our church. No matter what is going on in your life right now, it is always awesome to be reminded of God's power. I've watched it several times and still can't get through it without crying! Just had to share...

Happy 3 week old birthday today! Grayson is getting meat on his bones! Since he was two and half weeks early (the doctor had my due date calculated wrong) he was quite skinny when we was born. He is eating 4-5 ounces every 3-4 hours so it's no surprise that he is gaining weight so quickly.

Olivia is still doing great and loves being a helper. Yesterday she was going to be such a good helper that she tried to pick Grayson up to help me put him in the car seat. Needless to say, I don't take my eyes of her even for a minute! We are going to try potty training again soon, we'll let you know how that goes..

I'm feeling much more adjusted to managing two kids right now. This morning I made it out the door 5 minutes early rather than 10 minutes late!

One thing I've learned recently is to stop and consider what matters to you in life. Does making money matter more than spending extra time with your family? I think its important that we all stop and think about what kind of legacy we want to leave here when we go. We sure can't take any of these "things" with us but we can leave our children with values instilled in them. I know that our house may not always be perfectly clean, but at least I know my kiddos are getting lots of time with their Mommy and Daddy. When they grow up, I want them to say "my parents were there for me" rather than " I grew up in an impeccably clean house" or "my Mom and Dad made lots of money."

I'm so thankful that I have a job at home and a job at work that I love. I feel like I have the perfect balance of working part time and being at home with the kiddos the rest of the time. PRC has our first big fundraising banquet next so everyone please say a prayer that it goes well!

I'm still figuring the whole blogging thing out but I think I've fixed it to where you can comment now..

Blessings,

Lindsay

1 comment:

Callie said...

They are so cute! I love reading all about my little niece and nephew. Keep the blog entries coming. Miss you! Sis